Not just new characters, but a new server. An RP server. I haven’t logged into Uldaman in several days, though I have stopped in to do a few runs with my wife and some guildies on the home server. (I might not be hanging out there as much as I have in the past but it would take a total and epic implosion of the guild for me to abandon Trollbane completely. Since everyone interested in raiding bailed out before my self-imposed hiatus, I doubt that will take place.)
But this post is not about <Fortune Favors> or Trollbane. It’s about <Single Abstract Noun> on Argent Dawn.
It started with a cool idea. I was disappointed that it was: 1. Another Horde guild (Sorry, I have more fun as Alliance.) and 2. on an EU server, but those were the preferences of the person who started it.
But then the North American chapter opened up, and it just so happened to be Alliance. And on an RP server!
Well, sign me up!
There are rules of course, and they are as follows:
The guild rules of Single Abstract Noun are as follows:
1. Anybody with even the vaguest passing interest in the blogging community is welcome – which is why it’s a blogging communities guild, not a bloggers’ guild. (In other words: You don’t have to be a blogger to join, you just have to be a blog reader. – Splat)
2. Single Abstract Noun is a pantocracy – which means, not only that pants are encouraged, but it’s rule by all. The guild belongs to all who belong to it.
3. Use the guild however you like, as a meeting place, for conversation, for running the occasional dungeon, have a million alts, have a single character, whatever you like.
4. There are no rules about respecting other people because GODDAMN IT I’M TAKING THAT AS READ.
5. Leave your wow#*&% in the stand by the door.
Not exactly the same rules I enforce in <Fortune Favors>, but you know what? I’m not the GM, and they’re not that different from my own ideologies. I’m more concerned that the name is not exactly something that meshes well with what I would want from a guild on an RP server, but again I’m not the GM. It hasn’t become enough of an issue for the name to get changed, so it’s good enough.
Now, if we can just convince the intellectually backwards individuals that are telling people to stop RPing in common areas that the Normal and PvP servers can be found elsewhere …
In any case, if this interests you and you’d like to throw an alt our way (It’s a guild for alts, really – most if not all members have their mains in other guilds on other servers) head on over to Argent Dawn US (Alliance) or Argent Dawn EU (Horde) and ask any guildie to toss you an invite. You might want to sign up on the guild forum, as well.
Now to put together a backstory for my new baby priest.