So yeah, sorry about spilling a little bit of emo into the guild blog, there. But things are better now. Here’s why.
- Guild bank is Restored. Thanks to the efforts of a few players, it even has a larger net worth than it did before the incident.
- The hacked account has been locked. Row still hasn’t made a triumphant return to the game yet, but at least we don’t have to see his main farming in Storm Peaks any more.
- Fences are being mended. We seem to once again be on friendly terms with all but one of the officers who recently left.
One of them only pulled an alt out because he was sick of the drama. As I was sick of it too, I could totally see his point of view.
As for the one player with whom there has been no reconciliation, I’d be willing to talk things out 1 on 1 but I’ve personally had no contact with him since the night everything went south. It is possible that my busier schedule and less time logged into the game (on weekdays I tend to log shortly after doing some dailies and maybe a Wintergrasp battle or single heroic) has had something to do with that.
I’m dying to post more on this topic, but I don’t think this is the right forum to do so.
- Our guild still seems to be active, with 5-7 members logged in every night. That doesn’t compete with most raiding guilds, I know, but we’re small and casual. Our relatively large roster is partially due to an overwhelming number of alts, so logging in to see 6 people online is kind of awesome for us. I can remember plenty of times this summer where we had more like 1-3 members on, with two of them consisting of bank alts that were AFK while scanning the AH. So really, we are for all intents and purposes more active than before.
- We have another officer, and it’s totally my fault for not mentioning this before the … incident. Madiana was promoted because our officer corps brought it to my attention that they all thought he would make a good addition to their ranks, and I wholeheartedly agreed. Really, I should have made the promotion a while ago. Luckily I don’t have to run the guild myself – I have officers to help point out things, events, and in this case people overdue for promotions that I may have missed.
- On a more personal note, Mel’s arm is looking a lot better. She has an appointment on Thursday to have the last of the staples removed, and in a couple weeks they should be able to start using the graft. Once that happens it’ll mean another operation to tie off the fistula, but this one should be less invasive and it should also decrease the chance of very bad things happening. This will lead to less stress, which in turn will lead to a more level headed GM.